Monday, October 4, 2010

ok...

I had class tonight. Intro to Personal Computers. I had a conference with my professor and got a progress report. I have a 4-0 grade point average and she told me that I really don't need this class but it is required and I cannot test out. She said that she was glad I was there, but It is soooo hard to focus because there is absolutely no challenge. She went on to tell me that your first quarter is a cakewalk and that I should enjoy it. Not learning is not fun when the classes are this expensive. At least the easy classes will give me a great start toward valedictorian.

I did decided on a theme for theses blogs. I will start off discussing my day and perhaps give a recipe or some inspiration, then select a topic that has been plaguing me. I wanted tonights topic to discuss the growing use of rap music to tell black children to do, or not to do, activities to that may or may not help in their development (if that made any sense at all). I posted a video that had a little to do with it. I do understand this video is a satire, A 100% joke, but it nags me for some reason. It pulls on my emotions because marketing to black people has always used Hip Hop and R&B music to sell anything to us. Cellular phones, cars, powered fruit flavored drink mix and plenty other goods and cervices advertise to my people with the music they think we like. McDonlads is the absolute worst. Whatever it takes to make a buck, right?

I think I may brush up on my HTML and make this blog fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment